In a hearing for HB 516 bill by TEA Party Republican Rep. Kris Hansen (R-Havre), a man by the name of Pastor Harris Himes made actually said something you have to watch to believe.

42 Comments on "Pastor Supporting Hansen Bill Says Bible Demands Death Penalty As Punishment for Being Gay"

1. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 20, 2011 12:56 PM at 12:56 PM |

OH MY GOD! Pastor Himes has been STRUCK by lightning! How ELSE does a dude get a hairdo like that! And THAT allows pastor himes to speak directly to god!

Folks, as I’ve mentioned a hundred times, you’ve GOT to understand just WHOM you’re dealing with. Please google some time Dominionism and Christain Reconstructionism. These folks are dangerous. They’re nuts. And most of all, THEY’RE SERIOUS! So, the next time you see one of our dumbassed newspapers here in the state refer to the Constitution Party as a legitimate party, call them up and give them hell!

Know your enemy. These folks are nuckin’ FUTS! They’re Really Windy Wendy’s cohorts! Mlisha? Onward Christian Soldiers and racists! And THEN, for the love of God, understand that these folks fully INTEND to replace civil law with what the call Old Testament Biblical law!

Death for homos? Well of COURSE, along with infidels (read you and me), adulterers, and other biblical old testament offenses! Nice folks we’re dealin’ with here. You say it can’t happen here. Well it IS!

2. Himes is a GOP Stalwart | February 20, 2011 1:02 PM at 1:02 PM |

FACT – This is the man who testifies in support of every GOP social agenda bill. FACT – not a single republican has come out to denounce him. FACT – Not a single bill sponsor for whom Himes testified has distanced him/herself from him and his God Squad cohorts.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 20, 2011 1:15 PM at 1:15 PM |

Sadly, REALLY, REALLY sadly, I have YET to see ANY mainstream Christian church with enough balls to denounce this heretical, unchristian, anti-American horsesh*t! (except for maybe the Methodists and Unitarians) Therefore, they too are complicit! At some point for the good of the freakin’ country, one would THINK that decent Christians would rise up and say enough is enough.

But nooooo! All we get are the catholics preaching from the pulpit every Sunday that if you vote for Obama, you just might go to hell if you don’t somehow fully repent. Abortion you know. These crazy b*stard bishops and their little letters which had to be read from the pulpit evey so often angered my poor little 84 yr. old life-long catholic mother to the point she nearly quit going to church! She was outraged! This is crap. This is fascism. And let us not forget that the catholic church, along with the rich and the military, were the BIG THREE in the Spanish Civil War who were the fascist supporters of Franco! Check it out sometime. It’s a precursor to our times.

The Spanish priests used to draw up lists of people for execution by the fascists. Actually, this even happened in some Latin American countries during the eighties too. Hey, guess that maybe when Pastor Himes’ crew assumes power, they can once again help out!

• To be fair, Rev. Dick Weaver from the Church of Christ (I hope I got that right) did get up there to speak against discrimination, as well as another young man who shared his Christian viewpoint of love and caring for all of god’s people. But they both sounded so reasonable and normal so hardly worth posting on the internet…I don’t know if that is “mainstream” Christianity or not.

• I think you can add the United Church of Christ, the Disciples of Christ and many Evangelical Lutheran Church of America pastors to your list. Just a few years ago the head of Planned Parenthood in Montana was a Discples minister from Great Falls.

3. This simply means that Pastor Hines will probably be caught any day now with a male escort.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 20, 2011 1:45 PM at 1:45 PM |

A male SHEEP escort! Pastor Slimes is a shepherd of his flock. ‘Sides, ya don’t get stoned for flirtin’ with sheep! Do ya??

4. WOW I cant believe that the state legislature judiciary committee allowed this. Ok first as a Christian Rev. Himes is wrong because Leviticus is in the old testement before Christ died for the sins of all man kind. Henceforth homosexuality is no greater or no less of a sin then any of my sins, plus also I dont believe homosexuals chose to be homosexuals they are and this is proven by SCIENCE they are born homosexuals. So Rev. Himes has a little grace problem. Next ok if a landlord can discriminte for “religious reasons” from renting to homosexuals what else can that landlord dicriminate against? I have a cousin in the white power movement, his “religion” teaches him to hate everyone except white people. So if my cousin becomes a landlord should he be able to discriminate agains black people because of his “religious believes”? This is a slippery slope, and Im afraid that if you chose to be a landlord and offer your property for rent or lease to the public, you may have to deal with people that you don’t particulary like. Its the same if you open a resturant and sell hamburgers, you may get customers that are great, and you are going to get some a$$holes.

5. Why does Rep. Kris Hansen (R-Havre) hate LGBT folks so much? Oh, right…..

• Kris doesn’t hate anyone to my knowledge, (and I think I know her pretty well). In fact, I believe she truly embodies the commandment to love others–especially those who might call her an enemy.

America has extended class-based protections to all sorts of people who are BEHAVIORALLY rather than inherently disadvantaged (as they are with race, sex and disabilities). As an example, let’s say I choose to talk so much that I annoy and alienate everyone I know. Should a special class be created to “protect” me? NO! I have made a poor lifestyle decision and must live with the consequences.

I lost an uncle and a number of friends to AIDS. They were not executed by hateful and vindictive clergy. They were killed by the poor choices they made. This is just as certain as when someone goes dancing in traffic. Doing deadly things often results in death.

The Bible is not fundamentally about condemnation, but about God’s love for us. It’s something like an owner’s manual. Before most owner’s manuals get into the details of how to use a product, they contain lots of front-matter about HOW NOT TO USE IT. The Bible does too. The Old Testament establishes the law and sets an impossible standard. Then, in the New Testament, Jesus fulfills it, calling us not to ignore the law, but to transcend it with the law of love: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ” This has nothing to do with sex or friendship. This is about selfless love, God’s love, which is kind, patient, pure, truthful, trusting, hopeful, perseverant, forgiving and humble; it’s a kind of love that never fails!

When we start trying to legislate decency, we quickly discover that it’s a fractal maze–the more closely you look the more intricate the puzzle appears. The Bible codifies the world’s only sound system of deep ethics and morals because it doesn’t seek to make a rule about everything, but instead to plant a seed of truth in every heart. Homosexuality not just a misuse and abuse of the bodies God gave us, it is dangerous. Why would we ever want to condone or encourage such behavior? That’s not to say people can’t do whatever they want, just that Missoula has no compelling need to use my taxes securing them privileges I don’t share.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 24, 2011 6:12 AM at 6:12 AM |

HOLY CRAP, Such Ill Bung! That was beeYOOTeeful! I’ve NEVER seen a third grade explanation and understanding of the Bible make such great sense! You ARE in the third grade, aren’t you? If you are, WATCH OUT! Pastor Slimes SCARES me around children! That dude jus don’ LOOK right!, ya know what I mean? Kinda twisted, constipated, GUILTY of sumthin’ he don’t want others to find OUT about! THAT’S the impression I get of Pastor Slimes!

If you ever been to college, Such Bung, you would know that most psych majors take psych to try to find out what’s wrong with THEM! I’m thinkin’ that guys like Pastor Slimes become wacko fundi preachers ’cause there’s sumthin’ REAL wrong with them too! But hey, it’s just a theory!

But hey, I’m a nice guy too. So, here’s a hymn for y’all. (You DO use “y’all” a lot in your sunday service, doncha y’all?) This is a hymn we use a lot in my sunday service. It was written about guys like Pastor Slimes who got their divinity degrees by mail! From Florida! ENJOY! And remember, pahRAZE VITORY!….and pass the tolerance! Hey, did I mention that just like O’Bama, JESUS was a black dude too! I’M OUTTA HERE BEFORE THAT ONE SINKS IN!

• Discrimination against people who are different than you is wrong. Period. End of story.

6. and Jesus said,

“He who is without sin may cast the first stone”

and amazingly everyone turned and walked away and the women who had been sentenced to death by stoning was set free and not a single stone was thrown at her.

I’m not a Christian in fact i’m Jewish, but it makes me sad how “Christian” ministers whom tote the Jesus thing are yet filled with so much hate and anger. Could someone explain that to me? I guess the other thing, being a native Montanan, I want to know what has happened to our state. Years ago no one cared if you were gay or straight black or white. But now it seems thats all people have to talk about. People here just did there own thing and for most it was never an issue. I really wish it could go back to that. Montana was never a state of “hate” but seems to me thats all our state legislators can talk about. Montana was a great place, cheep to live, could do what we wanted (as long as we didn’t cause harm to another) was simple and easy. WTF Happened to my state?!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 20, 2011 3:38 PM at 3:38 PM |

Mike, decent people were asleep or unawares and did not fight back from the gitgo. Plus, we have a non-existent press who are a bunch of corporate wussies too afraid to do their jobs. We are Germany in the thirties. So, now the only question that remains is what are we going about it. It’s now or never. Hatred and bigotry and corporate fascism have made their move. They are not even trying to hide it any more.

And then they came for the unionists, but I was not in a union!

• Mike you have summed up many of my thoughts.

7. Best new T Shirt

Sermon On The Mount T-Shirt

The revised Christo-Fascist Sermon On The Mount. And Jesus said “Your poverty disgusts me. Get a job, you losers.”

Size –select–SMLX2X (add $1.50)3X (add $3.00)
    Quantity Prices
    T-Shirt Size Chart

8. Lev. 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that would apply to Mexicans but not Canadians.

Harris, can you clarify that for me? I would really like to own a Canadian.

9. First off, nice blog you have here. Not from Montana, but as this bill has made national news, I thought it best to try and get more info on it.

Anyway, you have to love how hypocritical some (OK, most) Republican politicians are on this issue. They favor local control until something like this comes along. Way to ignore your principles, guys. Not that I expect better.

10. God hath smote Hines with the ugly stick. I heard this on TV the other day and felt the urge to drink heavily. Too bad it was too early in the morning. Can’t believe how some of the fundies think their personal beliefs should be imposed on everyone else.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 22, 2011 10:38 AM at 10:38 AM |

HEY, we all have bad hair days, no?? Maybe God ought’a smote’im hairpiece! THEN, maybe the dude would FINALLY find some female companionship, and NOT be such a hateful a**hole! If very well COULD be that his ugliness HAS made him a social outcast to the point he’s lashing out at ANYone involved in a loving relationship! And hell, I ain’t even a pschoOLogist! Pastor Slimes, get to thee a shrink, dude! It ain’t to late!

11. Sorry to rain on the parade here; but freedom covers all, whether we agree with the belief or not. That is the bottom line. If freedom allows you to mock, chastize and degrade a man based solely on his beliefs than in turn by the definition of freedom that allows you to do so you must allow that man to do the same.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 23, 2011 1:06 PM at 1:06 PM |

What? Pastor Slimes is gonna MOCK someone? OK. Have the dufus come on the blog and defend his statement that homosexuals deserve death! Anyone THAT ignorant DESERVES to be mocked! The man is simply an idiot.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 23, 2011 1:27 PM at 1:27 PM |

Wanting to kill homosexuals is NOT a “belief”! That’s simply criminal AND evil! Pastor Slimes is a psychopath! And ya know, truth be told, I DON’T think that Jesus Christ was a psychopath! In fact, I’m PRETTY sure that ol’ Jesus would do to Pastor Slimes much like he did to the money changers. He’d KICK HIS BALDHEADED ASS! In fact I’m sure of it. He don’t LIKE sick, evil, twisted morons! He tol me that.

• I didn’t here him say he would kill anyone, I heard him quote the Old Testament.

• Jesus didn’t kick the money changers asses – he turned over their tables and drove them from the temple with words and righteousness.

• Addressing hate with hate negates the process. Jesus used love and acceptance of the person, not the belief to bless and enlighten people.

• I haven’t gotten a call from Jesus, but I talk to my Granny all the time and she always told us to fight fire with fire and to never be afraid to stand up for others. Guess that’s good enough for me.

12. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 23, 2011 1:41 PM at 1:41 PM |

OUCH! Ya got me REAL good, dufus! You DID it! Instead of making Pastor Slimes look like the inbred dufus he is, you made him look like a saint! You win! God said death to homos, then death to homos it is! You and Pastor Slimes convinced me. IT’S A FRIGGIN’ MIRACLE! Too funny. You guys crack me up.

13. Dear Farmboy, I beg to differ with you. Jesus did die to atone for our sins, but He did not change the law. He died to atone for people genuinely repenting of their sin, not to give a certificate of acceptance for anything man wanted to do. Matthew 5:18: “For verily, I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Also, He did not just “leave it” at what He said in the Old Testament; God did speak to homosexuality in the New Testament as well; God abhorrs it every bit as much today as he did three thousand years ago. Romans 1:22-27: “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools…Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves….For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise, also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men, working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” As to whether or not science has proven whether or not people are born homosexual, that depends on which site you are researching on. Most scientists agree that homosexuality is not something we are born with. That is an excuse used to rationalize a behaviour that is immoral. Finally, you seem to portray people that believe as Pastor Himes does as being hateful people with no grace. Speaking for myself, I love all people; I might abhorr a certain action which is in direct violation of the Biblical laws I serve, but I love the person.

14. “Pastor” Himes and the rst of these religious looneys are the American Taliban. That’s what they are.

15. The Polish Wolf | June 5, 2011 10:29 AM at 10:29 AM |

Margaret – the verse before yours: “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.” Jesus has fulfilled the law; the law may now pass because there is a more important one.

That’s why most Christians believe they can eat pork and work on Saturday – Jesus has fulfilled the law, and so though it remains God’s word, it has been completely upended by his fulfillment of it. Otherwise, the Roman Centurion and the Samaritan woman would have have been turned away, as they did not recognize the same law as the Jews. Now, if you’re a Messianic Jew or an Apostolic Christian, we can agree to disagree here. But if you enjoy a nice Easter ham and you like your steaks bloody, you ought to rethink your conceptions of the law of Moses.

16. This is the true Evil of Montana, we need to get rid of people like this. These people are the true terrorist. They twist the word of God to serve there own agenda, truly their prays be hollowed invocations

17. Hey, I’m thinking of moving to Montana — but is it all right wing nut cases??? Is Missoula any better?? I was thinking of Bozeman. Any advice? I come from a red-neck Obama bashing town and don’t want more of the same. Advice????

• You should move here. The more normal intelligent people we have, the better. In truth, we have a right wing faction, but they are not the majority. We have a majority of independent types, a very small amount of religious nuts (compared to other states) and a strong progressive contingent. It’s just our right-wingers have gone CRAZY lately!