Top Editor at the Flathead Daily Inter Lake is a Birther

And that’s no joke. Frank Miele, the top editor at the Flathead Daily Inter Lake and a frequent contributor of arch-conservative editorials which he pens under his own name, has just written an impassioned, roughly 2,000 word piece defending the birther-nut Bob Wagner and his birther bill, and firing back at Anderson Cooper on whose show Wagner appeared a few weeks ago.

Miele sees Wagner’s birther bill as eminently reasonable and necessary, and he is outraged at what he sees as Cooper’s shameful and biased treatment of Wagner. In Miele’s view, the CNN interview was an “ambush…by a left-wing extremist”, with Cooper doing nothing other than trying to insinuate that Wagner “has a vendetta against President Obama — when in fact the law would be applied equally to all candidates, and would neither target nor favor Obama.”

Rather than print multiple excerpts, I will suggest that you read the full idiotic column to fully appreciate it, but I warn you that you will shudder to think that on a daily basis, this man is the arbiter and shaper of the majority of print-news that is consumed by voters in the Flathead Valley.  And there is one juicy plum, toward the end of Miele’s editorial rant, which I will definitely print here.  This must have made even a good percentage of Republican readers cringe:

“If you want to take the time to research this, you will see that there is considerable reason to believe that in 1961 it would have been possible to register the birth of a baby even if he was not born in Hawaii.”

And so, even though I don’t like to say I-told-you-so, it is important that I do so here.  When you all read here, back during the 2010 campaign, that the reporting in the Flathead Valley was all very pro-Republican and candidates like Derek Skees were getting free rides because the media up there were suppressing evidence of their extremism, now you know what I was talking about. The Daily Interlake’s political coverage must be presumed to be Fake Flathead News, all the way.

And while Miele wrote his editorial because he wanted us all to believe that it is Anderson Cooper, not Bob Wagner, who is the nut-job, in fact it is Miele and the ownership of the Daily Interlake who allows him to run the paper, who are the nuts-jobs.

From time to time I hear rumors of progressives with deep pockets who are sniffing around the state, trying to gage the market for a new daily newspaper, statewide, that would combat the right wing rags.  The Flathead Valley should be their number one target.

31 Comments on "Top Editor at the Flathead Daily Inter Lake is a Birther"

1. And a radio station

2. And we need a radio station that doesn’t spew hate and lies

3. The key point of Mr. Wagner’s argument, which the DIL completely ignores, is that Obama is not a natural born citizen because HIS father was born in Africa.

This is racism and moving the goal-posts. Additionally, how do we know this is about race? John McCain was not born in the United States. He was born in Panama. And these racists dont give a you know what…

Our new motto: Montana. The new south.

4. The key point of Mr. Wagner’s argument, which the DIL completely ignores, is that Obama is not a natural born citizen because HIS father was born in Africa.

Our new motto: Montana. The new south. :-)

5. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 1, 2011 8:28 AM at 8:28 AM |

Oh my God! Frank Mealy is RIGHT! But my GOD what logorhea the dude’s got! Brevity apparently is NOT the soul of sh*t! Here is a video of Mealy’s entire editorial! Bubba Birther Bob is the dude in the white hat. I think that Mealy is the guy reading the paper. Enjoy! THIS is your Vanilla Valley Flathead Valley!

6. In that article he says ” For the record, the certificate produced by President Obama’s 2008 campaign is merely an acknowledgment that Barack Obama’s birth was recorded by the state of Hawaii, but it provides no details as to where that birth took place”

It says it right there on the COLB! ‘Island of Birth: Oahu’.

Does he think people are blind?

7. He thinks they are either blind, or stupid, as they offered proof of these when they purchased a copy of the Daily Interlake with actual money.

8. Haha!

The progress (or otherwise) of all the birfoon bills is being tracked here.

9. Good Lord, the stupid is strong with this one! Somebody please keep him out of Flathead Lake. I’m sure his stupid would kill some of my favorite fish.

10. Speaking of crap radio, check out this transcript from that fat b*stard Limpbaugh:

Stay out of MT, you blimp!

11. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 1, 2011 10:45 AM at 10:45 AM |

Watch OUT, Cgirl! The Chamber of Kochs is after people like you! But never forget,

We are Legion

We don’t forget

We don’t forgive

EXPECT us!

12. NewslessintheFlathead | March 1, 2011 11:49 AM at 11:49 AM |

round here we call it The Daily Interbreed.

13. The first time I saw that story on Mt it was in the Billings paper http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_a5511fe8-4070-11e0-9c79-001cc4c002e0.html

Rush just can’t stand it that less than 30% of the population really listens to him, and he knows that if he ever got real competion on the air he’d be toast. The Drugster is not welcome in Montana as far as I ‘m concerned

14. It is important that you quote the section you did. It is the most salient part of the editorial, because it speaks to just how deluded the birther’s will let themselves get,and expect that we will all let ourselves get. what Frank is saying is either that 1n 1961 Obamas parents knew that someday he would be running for president and it would need to appear that he was born in America so they forged things to make it appear as though he were, or that someone later went back in time and changed things such that it would appear that he was born in the U.S. Take your pick.

whichever you choose present that as a logic point to a birther and they will try to argue around it in some fashion, apparently missing that you unlike them do not have a tin foil hat on.

15. First question what the heck happened to the “left wing” media? I don’t see a left wing media, I see fox news, northern broadcasting, this joker, rushticles limbaugh, sean hannity, ect, ect,ect. I know of only a hand full of left wing media outlets, one is this site, other is left in the west, other is the Joel Heitkamp show in North Dakota, and finally Sly in the morning in Wisconsin. Oh and I guess Ed Schultz on MSNBC. But I would say the right wing media out weights the left by about 2-1 or possibly 4-1. Without a major right wing media, in this country Obama’s place of birth would not be an issue today. And also I think Obama’s birth has been more studied then that of anyother president. My opinion bring back the fairness doctorine, make journalism a fair and unbiased just the facts jack deal. Cause right now we don’t have journalism in America, we have opinion people on the right and the left.

16. Well, Maury Povich and Connie Chung did start the Flathead Beacon.

17. The Flathead Beacon is a whole ‘nother breed of cat from the Daily Interlake, friend.

18. The Progressive: Gov. Walker likely broke the law in phony Koch call. http://www.progressive.org/wx0301b11.html

19. Really Montana!? | March 1, 2011 5:00 PM at 5:00 PM |

Wow, how do you people put up with this, you are the ones paying this guy to write this nonsense when you buy his papers. Time to stop eh?

20. Our papers only answer to the Kochs

21. It pretty much destroys the credibility of the Inter-Lake’s entire news product that it’s top newsroom manager believes in a fairy tale.

22. I canceled my Daily Interlake subscription two years ago. It was wonderful to start my wood stove, but that’s all it had going for it.
    Miele was 99% of the reason I dumped this paper and I deduced that since they gave this editor such a free reign with his “opinion column” that this sort of content was completely supported by the rest of the editorial board of that paper. And if that were the case, then what else where they doing to their “news”.

I wanted more news and less propaganda.

The Flathead Beacon is a great alternative.

23. For all you lefties, MSNBC’s Chris Matthews called on Obama in late December to produce his long-form birth certificate, you know, the one with the doctor’s name and hospital. If that’s not good enough, read this report about a former Hawaii elections clerk who said Obama doesn’t have a birth certificate. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=165041

24. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, give me strength. The World Net Daily? Why not quote StormFront?

25. I was born, the week the hospital opened in 1959, my sister was born a year later. All I have is a vital statistic form from the ny Board of health. She has a fancy certificate with a gold seal and dr’s signitures. HOW Many of you know exactly where your long form ORIGINAL is? Is it in your possesion? That was Thom Hartmann’s question today. How many of you have had to contact the state of your birth for a replacement when its been lost, washed etc?

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 3, 2011 6:48 AM at 6:48 AM |

What the hell kinda name is LAZLOFFY anyway? Don’t even remotely sound American! Where is this dude from? I wanna see HIS

26. I live in Bigfork. I love the Flathead Beacon and the Missoula Independent. Who needs the Daily Interlake?

27. Lt. Col (Ret., Army) Rich Liebert | March 10, 2011 10:22 PM at 10:22 PM |

SHAMEFUL……I’ve seen where our commander-in-chief (HE is tea party folks) was born in Hawaii while I was on duty there last year. How far will this nonsense continue while our Nation is in peril without an ENERGY policy? Can we put ‘tea bags’ in our fuel
    tanks and power plants?

28. Frank loves to debate and twist the truth just a bit with telling less than all the facts. It makes him feel big. perhaps he needs that

29. I cancelled my DIL subscription over a year ago and I’ve decided to stop advertising my business in it as well. Miele specializes in slants, half truths & distortions. Unfortunately, it feeds right in to most people’s politics in this corner of the world. It would be great if we could get more unbiased news here, it might help dis-entrench some of the less hard core adherents to Flathead County’s extreme right wing ideology.