Damage Control

Here’s what the GOP, frightened by the circus created by the extremists in their party, is doing to try to control the damage from a series of statewide and national stories talking about spear hunting, seceding from the union, and transacting state business in gold and silver.

First a few legislators tried their hand at the damage control, but they only made it worse.  Rep. Warburton, Rep. Hansen, and Sen. Hutton managed only to prove the rumors true, talking about receiving thousands of disapproving emails and only three or four agreeing with their actions.  Getting a birther involved didn’t work either.

Then Jon Bennion, whose organization, the local Montana Chamber of Commerce apparently has him on loan to the legislature as a GOP strategist, attempted to pass off as “jobs bills” House Bill 100 and Senate Bill 201, which simply create piles of paper in the form of additional reports for legislators on bills.  Bennion made no mention of the 92 some  unconstitutional bills introduced by the legislature so far.

Then GOP Chair Will Deschamps came out and said not only are there jobs bills, but there are “too many to list.”  (If that were the case, he probably didn’t need to re-list the bills Bennion had already mentioned that simply create piles of paper.)

Deschamps sites business equipment tax reduction as an example of a jobs bill, but a Republican put in the bill only after the governor proposed it in his budget. He listed a bill by Sen. Jason Priest to make buildings less energy efficient, and so-called “tort reform” or corporate irresponsibility protection, a bill that GOP leader and Chair of the House Judiciary committee spoke out against at length when the bill was debated by the full House of Representatives.

Finally, Deschamps points to a couple of bills he says make it easier to permit mines, but the bills are “a solution in search of a problem.”  Over the last 6 years there have been more new mines and development in Montana than any time within the last 30 years.

24 Comments on "Damage Control"

1. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 3, 2011 1:33 PM at 1:33 PM |

Oh my God! What to do? What to do? Is it too late for Deyshat to bring in any more expert witnesses to clarify things for us? I’m thinkin’ maybe the wiggly excrement lady could help out here!

Now, can I be serious here for a moment, folks. How in GOD’S NAME could the Dems find common ground with a party that brings in the wiggly excrement lady as an expert witness? The wiggly excrement lady is a freakin’ METAPHOR for this entire crew! They are FULL of it!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 3, 2011 2:04 PM at 2:04 PM |

p.s. Ya know, for the FIRST time in a LONG time, I’m starting to sense some real fear in those no good corporate fascist bastards! They WAY overreached. And that’s a good thing. I wanna hear Dopey Reeburp start bashing the unions and calling all those peaceful protestors in Wisconsin “slobs”, like the teaparty politicos are doing there.

How bout it, Dopey? Are teachers, firemen, cops, public workers all SLOBS, Dopey? Your Koch benefactors think they are? Say what you believe, Dopester. Say it!

Oh, and we all KNOW how hard YOU “worked” to attain your wealth! Hey, bein’ BORN is kinda like hard work, right Dopey?

See the fear in the following. Now, it’s all out class war!

Watch a few of the Koch commercials. All I see is fear! Do you REALLY believe that all those decent, hard-working blue collar people are responsible for our outrageous debt? Or could it possibly be our TWO EVIL, UNNECESSARY WARS that are making BILLIONIARES OUT OF MILLIONAIRES and enriching the Big Kocks and ALL the other fascists out there?

And how bout the Dick, Cheney’s little startup company Haliburton? The Dickster is doin’ REAL good financially. Too bad he’ll soon be with the devil though! Good luck with THAT! Even billions won’t prevent a bad ticker from givin’ you a ticket straight to ol’ Beezlebub! Maybe the Dick can start up a Haliburton down there!

• You know Larry if you look at recent history back in 2006 part of the reason Conrad Burns lost his bid for re-election was that he mouthed off too wild land firefighters, during a strong firefighting season, in the middle of Billings Logan International Airport. But Conrad was very good at shooting himself in the foot, whearas Denny is as dumb as a fence post, but nothing ever sticks to him.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 3, 2011 4:28 PM at 4:28 PM |

Yeah but, the Dopey-Koch has NEVER had to go up against an incubment like Big Jon! Even WITH Dopey ridin’ the Big Koch brand, he’s in deep doo doo! As you mentioned, ol’ Blinky Dopey-Koch AIN’T real bright to begin with. And now that the Big Kochs have been outed, Dopey might want to think about breakin’ one of the Code’s of the West. He JUST might want to jump off the Big Koch brand!……..but I think he enJOYS it to much!

2. 2012 is going to be a great year for the Montana Democratic Party.

3. The new Act Blue says it so well…for the few that might not have seen it yet. Gripping.

4. Larry, Rob Chaney of the Missoulian is following two huge stories that have to be related. The Smurfit-Stone sale replete with copious water rights to somebody calling themselves Ralston Investments in the wake of the news that the Carlyle Group will buy Missoula-based Mountain Water.

What have you heard?

If this doesn’t scare the shit out of you watch Blue Gold: World Water Wars.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 3, 2011 6:14 PM at 6:14 PM |

I’ll see what I can find out on this. I’ll get right to work on it. These Koch brothers are EVERYwhere! And they are bizarre as hell! Nothing would suprise me about them, because NOTHING is beneath them! Is there really ANYthing lower than slime? They truly view themselves as little dictators, or as I like to say, kochtators! (which is the same as a dicktater I guess.)

Check out what the Kocktators did when NO ONE would show up at Walker-Koch’s speech! No, they didn’t, did they? Well YES THEY DID! Check out the link. These guys are really, really goofy. I’m thinkin’ that they are SO far removed from reality of life in the U.S., that they think they can go anything! Hey, if you can pull off a coup, guess that that WOULD emboldened you!

Link: The Kocktators and their walker “supporters”!!! Here’s the KOCHTATOR’S idea of how democracy works!

BTW, I wonder when walker is gonna bring in Blackwater to “help out” and “maintain order”??? Oh where oh where is Charlie Chaplin now when we NEED him and his little dictator (kocktator) routine! I’ll lay you BIG money that the Kochtators have spied all OVER lookin’ for them Dem senators! It could get ugly!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 3, 2011 6:59 PM at 6:59 PM |

HOLY CRAP! Um, time to wake UP folks, and smell the fascists! “With or without force”? Blackwater anyone? Thugs and bullies for the Big Kochs! NOW, it’s gettin’ ugly.

First they came for the trade unionists…

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 3, 2011 9:36 PM at 9:36 PM |

Now folks, I CHALLENGE you to watch this entire video! And then, compare Fr. James Douglas with Pastor Slimes, the teabagger (sack sucker) favorite! THIS is what we’re up against! The unspeakable. The friggin’ UNSPEAKABLE!

Please watch this video in it’s entirety! I CHALLENGE you, I BEG you, I ASK you as a fellow Montanan to compare the scholarhship of a TRUE academic and Man of God to a pissant favorite of the Teabagger (sack sucker) movement like Pastor Slimes, Pope Wendy’s sidekick!

Folks, we are at the point of the unspeakable, like it or not. WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO!

You know me, I’m a friggin’ AHTEIST! But I DO believe that we can get glimpses of the Divine! And then, when we do, we must act upon it! Listen to what THIS man of God says, and then, compare and contrast that to Pastor Slimes of the Sack Suckin’ Party!

5. Since everyone at the Capitol knows these blog posts come from the Governor’s office, it seems you are the ones doing some preemptive damage control when good bills like HB 100 and SB 201 get vetoed. Try not to spend too much taxpayer money doing anonymous blogging.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 4, 2011 6:39 PM at 6:39 PM |

And you too, Jonny! Say, just HOW much Big Koch money does the Chamber of Comnerds GET anyway? The Chamber is a joke, Jonny. Why would you cast your lot with the few richest folks in America who OWN the Chamber Pot? They’re slime. Have you no SHAME, dude? Sin verguenza!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 4, 2011 9:32 PM at 9:32 PM |

p.s. And on a personal note, Jonny, that editorial you wrote was pure BULLSHIT! Are you really proud of that? Ya know, dude, one time in school I wrote a lazy, worthless piece of shit paper like that for a very good teacher. After reading it, he simply looked at me, somewhat disgusted, and said, “Is this really your best”?

He then said some words that I have never forgotten. He said, “When you put your NAME on something, make sure that it’s the BEST that you can do”!

What you have written is SHIT, Jonny. Ain’t no hidin’ that! Since the old teacher is no longer with us, I’ll point it out FOR you! Learn from the old teacher, dude. Don’t try to pass off shit! Hell, your NAME’S on it! Are you happy with that?

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 6, 2011 2:14 PM at 2:14 PM |

UH oh!, Jonny! Looks like you couldn’t even get THAT crappola by the GF Spitoon ediTORIAL board! Man, it really SUCKS to be you, doesn’t it? Geez, jonjon, they smacked you schmucks REAL good in today’s (Sun.) paper! And it’s pretty darn funny too the way that they did it! The Spitoon must be readin’ the blogs! You see, jonnyboy, if you can motivate even the SPITOON to make fun your dumbarse opinion, you just KNOW that your argument is pathetic!

6. JB-
    what evidence do you have that these blogs come from schweitzer?

7. I don’t think BS is worried about Hill because Hill can’t win the gubernatorial nomination. Hill has a “zipper” problem, a la John Morrison, and the conservatives will not go with him.

• Interesting. Hopefully it comes out. I’m no prude, but these thing just ultimately speak to character and smarts at the end of the day.

I can’t tell you how many “I’m going to REALLY re-focus on my family marriage” quotes I’ve listened to and read from Morrison, when I know personally he’s got at least several more skeletons waiting to jump out of that closet. I’ll give him credit for pushing HC for kids, but otherwise he would have been just another middling blue-dog sorta donkey bumping every thing in DC – assuming he even could have beat Burns of course. We should actually be kinda happy he’s such a pathetic man (though I pity his family).

8. Ah the Chamber of Commerce lining up behind a tea bag agenda against real workers, union, jobs and real people??!! To quote a young Master Wiggins…that’s UNPOSSIBLE!

The chamber doesn’t even pretend to be impartial and they certainly don’t represent small businesses like mine or most others I know.

9. Any more , I don’t patronize busnesses with Chamber membership signs

• I try not to as well. I’ve had the chance to work for them a few times and have turned them down. Just not worth getting into bed with that kinda one dimensional anti-worker organization. How many small businesses (and even medium and large ones) came out and said REAL health care reform would be one of the best things for them – and allow them to help their employees and themselves, save money and compete evenly with firms across the board – and which side did the CoC come down on? The one that made them the most money…and fit their set agenda. Can’t help workers – they are the enemies of all business – NOT the people that actually make the products that actually ‘make’ the business and who ultimately buy the products that fund the business. Stupid.