And the GOP base is backing up their less-than-private grumblings about Hill with their checkbooks. Tea party favorite and fellow gubernatorial candidate Ken Miller is cashing in on the strong dislike of Hill – banking checks from influential conservative leaders in the state, including several state legislators and their families.
Miller’s latest finance report shows he collected campaign bucks from:
- Rep. Derek Skees (R-Whitefish)
- Rep. David Howard (R-Park City)
- Rep. Ryan Osmundson (R-Buffalo)
- Jeanne O’Neil – wife of Rep. Jerry O’Neill (R-Columbia Falls)
- Nancy Jore – wife of former Rep. Rick Jore (C-Ronan), a wingnut kingmaker
- Former Rep. Jeff Laszloffy (R-Laurel) – CEO of the Montana Family Foundation
- Roger Nummerdor – former President of the Big Sky Tea Party
- Jon Rush – influential tea party leader and husband of right-wing school board candidate
- Rodney Nolin – Pastor of Bigfork Baptist Church
Makes one wonder if the term “front-runner” is being used a tad too loosely.