Sexism’s Sugar Daddy Says Rehberg’s a Favorite

Foster Friess, the Wall Street billionaire bankrolling Rick Santorum, outraged millions for saying basically that women wouldn’t need contraception if we would just keep our slutty legs closed.

“Back in my days, [women] used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives; the gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly.”

Now, this gem of humanity has announced his intent to spend big bucks to support Dennis Rehberg.

The latest (subscription only) edition of The New Republic profiles Friess, an “eccentric Republican billionaire,” and his support for Rick Santorum.  Very notably, Friess  said Denny Rehberg is one of his favorite candidates. The Montana Lowdown has more.

It’s easy to understand why a Santorum sugar daddy would be backing Rehberg, too.  The two have much in common.

Santorum is the Republican Presidential Candidate that said rape victims should suck it up and accept “the gift” God has given to you.” Here’s Rick Santorum on rape:

I’ve always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you. As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can’t think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.

Rehberg is the TEA Party Congressman who cosponsored and voted for H.R.358, the “Let Women Die” bill. Shockingly, H.R.358 would force doctors to let women die rather than provide abortion care.  Rehberg also tried more than once last year to completely eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood.

42 Comments on "Sexism’s Sugar Daddy Says Rehberg’s a Favorite"

1. jesus got a gun…his whole world’s come undone…his dog day’s just begun.

2. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 22, 2012 7:48 AM at 7:48 AM |

Gives an entirely new meaning to the old term “hoist with one’s one REEtard”! I say let’er rip! Give these morons all the rope and aspirin they can handle! Dopey’s gonna NEED some deevine intervention from CEEment JAYsus to get his ass outta THIS jam! Welcome to Medieval Montana!

But the Dems need to get tough. They need to take that huge money they’re gettin’ and replay over and over and over again ol’ Fotster’s apsirin comments, and then, have Dopey say at the end, I’m Dopey Reeburp, and I approved this dude’s help! Buh BYE, Dopey!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 22, 2012 7:56 AM at 7:56 AM |

Sensitive Dopey’s OTHER famous comment:

Back in 1994, Rehberg was quoted by Montana newspaper for saying, “The problem with AIDS is, you get it, you die, so why are we spending any money on people that get AIDS?”

My apologies to Willy S. for the typo. It should read, “Hoist by one’s own Reetard”!

• hoist on his own teatard, maybe….

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 22, 2012 6:40 PM at 6:40 PM |

EGGSACKLY! Hoist by one’s own Teatard! LUV it! And reeeeGARDLESS of what craig says, ANYone who says that an aspirin is birth control is a freakin’ DUMBASS! But a very important dumbass none-the-less. Why? Why is he an important dumbass? Well, easy answer. Because he is SOOO freakin’ stoopid that he spits out the truth! And the truth is that Dopey and his backers are knuckle draggin’ morons! And SOME are soo stupid that they come right out and adMIT it! For this I thank mr. aspirin man. He has done a great public service. And like craig, I’d like to thank him for his public service! But that STILL doesn’t excuse him for bein’ an ignernt, misogynistic, ASSHOLE!

It don’t matter HOW much money (for tax breaks purposes) this dipshit gave away. (and WHY to Africa for god’s sake? Is there no shitty water in America? Why yes, there is! LOTS of it! And the atrazine in the water is turnin’ all young boys into girls! But basically, MOST of the water in this country is toxic SHIT! So, what’s mr. aspirin boy doin’ in AFreeca?)

Poor widdle Dopy has exposed himself again. His rich buddies are as dumb as HE is!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 22, 2012 6:49 PM at 6:49 PM |

A challenge for the forum, including craig and skinner. Just WHERE does Dopey Reeburp disagree with this ignernt asshole? And why? You see, they’re BOTH conservative. They BOTH have conservative values. They BOTH are Teatard approved. They BOTH love to call themselves conservative. And they BOTH LUV Jaysus! SOOOO, any of you reetarted Pubbies out there, exPOUND away! How is Dopey Reeburp different than Rick Saintscrotum? I see no difference. Enlighten me. Just WHAT does “conservative” mean other than bein’ dumber than a dog doody? I don’t get it. Thanks in advance.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 22, 2012 6:55 PM at 6:55 PM |

And for your FINAL challenge! Who is dumber, Rick Saintscrotum or Dopey Reeburp? It has been said that Saintscrotum was the DUMBEST man to ever serve in the senate. And that very well could be true……unTIL Dopey gets there! (which is highly unlikely) But fort the sake of argument, WHOM do you think is dumber?

I must admit that I accepted my own challenge, and I was unable to decide. It looks pretty even to me. So, I need help on this one. Thanks in advance.

Hint: Endorsing michelle barfman is REALLY freakin’ stoopid! One for Dopey!

• Ranger Larry, you are welcome!

They got your number at B-Birds for playing the gender card and being the stick fetching attack dog: http://4and20blackbirds.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/of-bucy-bots-and-wilmers-thoughts-on-humanitarian-bombs/#comment-84140

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 22, 2012 7:46 PM at 7:46 PM |

They hate me there, craig. I don’t understand why. Comes with the territory I guess. Hell, I can’t remember ever saying a bad word about their site either. I used to love it when Jay Stevens ran it. It was one of the best.

3. I understand Mr. Friess apologized for his comment. Perhaps his humanity is measurable by the something like $200 million he has give to charitable causes such as Water Missions International to bring safe drinking water to Africa and helping the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, while giving millions for disaster relief after the Asian tsunami, Hurricane Katrina and the Haiti earthquake.

• That does not give him the right to try and buy elected officals

• Craig, regardless of whether Mr, Friess apologized or not, the statement was indicative of Santorum’s entire viewpoint on women. He went so far as to intimate that Bachmann was an invalid candidate because she was a woman. It is that outdated, anachronistic attitude that people are tired of hearing and it is attitudes like that that have driven the moderates and independants to Democratic candidates.

As far as his charitable contributions, you might have gained some traction if you could have pointed to a single contribution aimed at women’s healthcare.

• Moorcat, Mr. Friess even got into trouble with his wife. Here’s his apology: http://fosterfriess.com/campfire-blog/2012/02/17/for-those-who-misunderstood-my-joke-today-heres-my-quest-for-forgiveness%E2%80%A6/

Last week my joke at the Conservative Political Action Conference generated laughter and media attention. Today on Andrea Mitchell’s show, my aspirin joke bombed as many didn’t recognize it as a joke but thought it was my prescription for today’s birth control practices. In fact, the only positive comments I got were from folks who remembered it from 50 years back. Birth control pills weren’t yet available, so everyone laughed at the silliness on how an aspirin could become a birth control pill.

After listening to the segment tonight, I can understand how I confused people with the way I worded the joke and their taking offense is very understandable. To all those who took my joke as modern day approach I deeply apologize and seek your forgiveness. My wife constantly tells me I need new material—she understood the joke but didn’t like it anyway—so I will keep that old one in the past where it belongs.

I am a big fan of the ancient Jewish scripture which says “God works everything for good for those that love Him and are called to His purpose.” So maybe the good to come from the high profile reaction is a better understanding of Rick Santorum. He publicly stated he would not ban contraception; he has said if he were a member of a state legislature which introduced such a bill, he would vote against it; and he has incurred the wrath of his more conservative friends for voting to fund contraception to fight AIDS in Africa.

His 75% favorables include a lot of women who appreciate his clear stance on contraception that they favor. His strong personal convictions on the subject are well-known and he has never attempted to turn his personal preference into public policy unlike the stand President Obama has taken in forcing Catholic institutions to embrace his world view.

To those who applauded my comments and remembered the joke, thanks for your encouragement. To those who thought I was callously encouraging that as a prescription for today, I kindly ask your forgiveness. God Bless, Foster****

As to his charitable giving towards women’s healthcare, it seems many women’s heath needs were advanced by the charitable efforts I previously mentioned. In addition he has give to AHA http://theahafoundation.org/ which is speaking out against honor violence and female mutilation.

As to questioning whether he is a humanitarian, there is this: http://fosterfriess.com/man-atop-the-horse/

Foster has devoted significant resources to philanthropy. In 1999, the “Champ” himself awarded Foster the Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Award, and in 2000, at the National Charity Awards Dinner in Washington, D.C., Foster was named the “Humanitarian of the Year,” following in the footsteps of Coretta Scott King, Bob Hope, President George H.W. Bush, and Lady Bird Johnson. In 2009, Foster received the “Benefactor of the Year” Paul Weyrich Award. In 2010, he received the “Spirit of the Children Award,” given annually to Childhelp supporters who have generously given their time and good fortune to children’s causes.

I would think “fair” people would do more in judging Mr. Friess as a humanitarian than just defining his life by his admitted mistake.

• First, thank you for posting the information that you have provided. This does somewhat mitigate my disgust for his comments. You have also provided the information that I requested about his humanitarian efforts for women. That is admirable.

This still changes nothing as far as Santorum is concerned. Friess’s comments aside, Santorum has stated on many occations that he is strongly opposed to women’s rights. Was he just joking too? I think that unlikely given his strong social conservative stance. What will be telling, though is what Santorum does if he wins the primary. To have any chance of picking up moderate/independant voters, he will have to back away from his social conservative stance. Hell, even the Republican leadership is currently looking for a “Plan B” should Santorum gain any more momentum over the next couple of weeks because they recognise that Santorum has gone too far down the yellow brick road as to be unelectable.

• I offer no defense for Santorum. He’s not my pick.

My bone to pick in this topic was over Cowgirl’s derogatory statement directed at Mr. Friess: “Now, this gem of humanity has announced his intent to spend big bucks to support Dennis Rehberg.” She wasn’t being kind or fair in failing to consider the totality of his efforts which have earned him several humanitarian awards.

• And this is rightly a matter that should be pointed out. The partisan charged nature of the current political environment leaves little room for compromise and “fairness”. Thank you for providing the information you have posted.

• Mr. Rehberg should cowboy up: Cowgirl is likely plowing the road for when real money gets applied to Denny’s removal from the public sector.

4. Norma Duffy AKA ILIKEWOODS | February 22, 2012 11:17 AM at 11:17 AM |

If you all remember “Dennis the menace” Rehberg picked Michelle Bachmann for presidental endorsement as well! I think that pick alone proves the man is over the edge! Having Friess dump money in Rebergs lap, through GPS Crossroads PAC or the Chamber of commerce….well that might just cement Tester into another 4 years of senatorship!

5. This is whole reproductive rights debate is about white populations not breeding while rates for non-whites are spiking: it’s just that simple.

• It’s more than just white births, its about returning to times like Loretta Lynn wrote about, her father raising 8 kids on a miners pay, and there’s no where but the mine to work.

They want most of America to be serfs, working for wages that “compete with China”, the more kids a family has the less choices they can make and the more crap they’ll take at work

6. I’ve heard this a lot

“It sets up a real conundrum: No recent president has been reelected with a jobless rate as high as Obama faces today”

Except Reagan

7. I went to a film about abortion the other night that was very one sided it was called “Blood Money” it was very one sided, it talked about how Planned Parenthood was created by a person who was close to the Nazi’s and how they have a racist agenda, and how African American babies are aborted at a three times higher rate then that of Caucasian babies. Also it talked about how abortion can be very tramatic for the woman, and how it is sometimes force upon women by high pressure sales tactics. Here is my view on abortion, take it or leave it, in cases of rape, incest, or when the mothers life is considered medically endangered, then I do not want the government either local, state, or federal, judical, legislative, or executive involved in this decision. I feel it is a private decision for the woman carrying the fetus, and if she wants her family, clergy, friends whatever. Now if a woman has been out fooling around for lack of better word, then I say that the woman should carry the baby to term, then if she wants put it up for adoption. In a perfect world this is how abortion would be solved. Also I find it funny that we are in an election year, with a down right sucky economy, with oil prices going skyrocketing, with farmers not getting a good price for grain, with infrastucture issues, so many other issues, we are talking about this issue continuously it seems. This is not the mountain Im willing to die on. And if you are a one issue voter, you are going to die on a mountain.

8. Also why is controception such a big dam issue, to me its a no brainer, I would rather see birth control pills and condoms in every bathroom in America then to see, abortions. Also where is the start of life? Is it the sperm? Is it the egg? Where is it? Also how far are the Republicans willing to go to legislate morality? Also did they not learn anything from prohibition, or absentance only sex education? If absentance only sex education worked then why did Bristol Palin, daughter of Sarah Palin get pregnent while Sarah was Governor of Alaska? You would think the daughter of a right wing Republican governor of a conservative state, and in a Christian church going home, if absentance only sex education was to work it would work there. One would think.

9. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 23, 2012 8:44 AM at 8:44 AM |

Breaking! Pope Ratty bypasses God. Goes directly to higher authority!

“Beck met with Cardinals, Monsignors, Archbishops and other Catholic leaders and officials at the Vatican. Beck’s website says, “They discussed the importance of freedom of expression and freedom of conscience, as well as standing against the rise of secularism and the rise of anti-Semitism.” Fans will have to wait until later today when Glenn is back to discuss his trip. Anything that can help to bring peace between religions and work towards solidarity against secular attacks will be welcome by many.

Mr. Beck also spoke with Tea Party leaders from Serbia, Georgia, Milan, Rome, Germany, Austria, London, and Israel. Who knew there was a Tea Party overseas? The meeting was put together by FreedomWorks and Mercury One. The website says they discussed the peace movement overseas and “…an integrated global effort to champion Tea Party ideals.” On his Monday radio show, Beck will talk about his “…vision for a multi-faith coalition that stands in support of religious liberty.” Last night on his Twitter, Beck posted, “I’m back from “special assignment” with amazing news”

Ever wonder just how the catholic church could have supported EVERY fascist governemnt of the Twentieth Century? Easy answer. It’s who they are! Why do you think that they selected an ex-nazi pope? Because fascism is the BEST defense against godless communism! And they’re trying to get back to their roots!

I remember watching the selection of the pope with some catholic friends. They had all expected a more liberal choice, maybe one of the cardinals from Latin America. When the selection of Ratty was announced, mouths dropped! They couldn’t believe it! But lest we forget. An enemy of my enemies is my friend! The catholic church LOVES them some fascists for their anti-communism! No godless commies need apply to be pope!

So, now we have Glen Beck meeting with the Vatican! Kinda beyond the pale I would think. Kinda bizarre. Kinda evil! You see, the Pontiff (literally “bridge”), is the bridge between man and God. But Beck is the bridge between man and Murdoch!, the pagan god! Hell, Murdoch even SOUNDS like a pagan god! But HEY, I’m not a theologian. But I AM a TEAologian! An expert on all Holy Shit related to the Teatards! And this is real, real creepy Holy Shit for sure!

So, while Bush was slaughtering innocents abroad in evil, illegal wars, incerating their flesh with willy peet (probably the most horrible way to die), destroying and slaughtering the entire city of Fallujah as collective punishment, and allowing the Dick, cheney to cover up the painting of Guernica when he was speaking at the U.N. so as NOT to offend the Dick and remind the world that the Dick was doing exactly what the nazis did to Guernica, the catholic church was doing what it always does best. Preaching against the evils of the penis! (flesh. fleshy penis.)

Hence, I nominate Beck for our FIRST American pope, Pope Penis the First! AND I commission artwork! In the days before books, the church used stained glass to tell the holy stories to the illiterates. I think we should have a huge stained glass of Pope Penis giving his blessing to Pope Ratty on behalf of Murdoch! For OUT illiterates! The Teatards!

Ya know, there’s a great line in the movie the Old Gringo that reminds me much of the Teatards. The old gringo gives a book to a prostitute in exchange for sex. The puta is hesitant at first because the village priest has warned the people that reading books will make them crazy. Pope Penis and his god Murdoch have explained to the Teatards that THINKING will make you crazy!

The Holy Shit is gettin’ weirder every day.

10. New Rasmussen poll shows MT Senate race too close to call: Prof. David Parker.

11. “Can you imagine what would happen in this country if hundreds of Muslim imams were raping thousands of kids?” #catholicism Sean Quinn ‏ @nachofiesta RT @drgrist.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 25, 2012 9:13 PM at 9:13 PM |

Craig, you’re better than this, right? Or maybe not. Stick to the Willy Horton O’Bama stuff. Hey, tell your masters that if they really want good propaganda, I’ll do it! For a price! Your stuff is pathetic, dude.

• Norma Duffy AKA ILIKEWOODS | February 25, 2012 9:40 PM at 9:40 PM |

How is it different for Christen Brutality to others:
        Saint Augustine’s cognite intrare (“lead them in”—i.e. “force them to convert”). In fact the Qur’an says the exact opposite: There is no compulsion in religion ( 2:256 ). Augustine’s frightening idea that all must be compelled to “conform” to the “true Christian faith” has unleashed centuries of unparalleled bloodshed. Indeed, Christians have suffered more under the rule of Christian civilization than any other rule in history.
        Millions were tortured and slaughtered in the name of Christianity during the periods of the Arian, Donatist and Albigensian heresies
        The Crusades: The European armies were saying, as they slaughtered both Christian and Muslim Arabs: “Kill them all, God will know his own.”
        Europe’s Reformation and Counter Reformation Era: Where Two thirds of the Christian population of Europe was slaughtered by Christians
        The African slave trade: Ten million were reported killed during this era
        The Colonial Conquests: Estimates for the number of Native Americans slaughtered by the Europeans in North, Central and South America run as high as 20 million within three generations.
        The 20th century’s Western Civilization: A conservative estimate puts the total number of brutal deaths in the 20th century at more than 250 million. Of these, Muslims are responsible for less than 10 million deaths.
        In the 20th century, Rawanda, 1994: The slaughter of 900,000 Rwandans in 1994 in a population that was over 90% Christian.
        1992-1995 Bosnia: The genocide of over 300,000 Muslims and systematic rape of over 100,000 Muslim women by Christian Serbs

Let me tell you again, the true followers of Islam are not against Christens. And it is a mistake of Americans to think it, because of the BS you see on TV Now, or hear from religious wackjobs here! even President George Bush spoke against going after Muslims as a whole after 9-11, because they were not at fault! Rather it was Religious Political sects within the religion just as it is for christian faiths of Catholic, Protestant, and others with in our framework of Bloody History as well!

This is what Prophet Muhammad wrote to the monks of Saint Catherine in Mount Sinai: This is a message written by Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, far and near, we are behind them. Verily, I defend them by myself, the servants, the helpers, and my followers, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be changed from their jobs, nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they (Christians) are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, this is not to take place without her own wish. She is not to be prevented from going to her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation is to disobey this covenant till the Day of Judgment and the end of the world.”
        There is nothing wrong with being ready against any foreign enemy, but islam isn’t the enemy! ALl people in thie country have a right to religious freedom here and abroad!
        Right now I worry more about the Fanatic white nutjobs within our own country! Would it hurt you to read about the history of Islam? Really? Even Thomas Jefferson had a Qua’ran and read it(Islamic Bible!

Differences: If thinking men would have the courage to think for themselves, and to speak what they think, it would be found they do not differ in religious opinions as much as is supposed.
        To JOHN ADAMS, vi, 191. FORD ED., ix, 410.
        (M., 1813.) Thomas Jefferson Quote!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | February 25, 2012 9:54 PM at 9:54 PM |

As far as a tool for preventing human animals from slaughtering one another with wild abandon, I think that Islam is probably better than Christianity.

• Norma Duffy AKA ILIKEWOODS | February 25, 2012 10:18 PM at 10:18 PM |

I just think religion isn’t the answer period! I say we just allow the golden and silver rules of Morality to stand and toss the rest to the dustbin of stupidity! We were not even alive when these slights of religious furor started! Yet, certain people on all sides keep following it, and the farie tales! I say we stop following that kind of history! and make up a better history of unity for down the road!

12. We, the women of this country are normally not single issue voters however considering the recent attacks on women’s dominion over their own bodies will drive them to the polls in vast numbers ( especially young women). Do they think we are too stupid and naive to mobilize and fight? Do they think that MEN want to have to worry about birth control? This issue effects men also. The GOP will lose this battle badly and will continue to be the party of the old, uninformed voter who complain about everything but do nothing to improve anything! Larry knows what I mean! Go check out the viewpoint section of the tribune website and you can see that the paranoid Fox watchers are plenty here. I miss you over there RNH!!!!!!

• Jennifer Davies | March 15, 2012 6:46 AM at 6:46 AM |

The GOP has totally overreached and have exposed themselves for the anti-woman backwoodsers that they are. Who opposes birth control for heaven’s sake? They do, and they are fighting against it at every turn. We have to vote them out and get our friends to do the same. I like that “Win with Women” slogan that is going around!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | March 15, 2012 7:07 AM at 7:07 AM |

Thanks, Aimee. Ol’ RNH was just a wee bit too TRVTHful for the nutless corporate dipshits at the GF Spitoon. Any place that real debate is allowed, the inbred wingers get their asses handed to them. That’s why they rarely stay on this site. Any place that calls aren’t screened, you won’t find them. Any place that they don’t have a big, fat rush type character giving them approbation, they will not inhabit. Any place that they cannot dominate, they wet themselves and flee!

I’ll tell you a true story. Years ago the Spitoon had a little feature called cheers and jeers in which you could cheer someone or jeer someone. It was great fun. But finally, just too much TRVTH was told, and all the little inbred wingers wet themselves and called in to threaten to stop subscribing to the paper. Well, the Spitoon immediately stopped that little feature.

And look where the Spitoon is today because of their cowardice. I don’t understand how they can even stay in business. They made a conscience decision long ago to be corporate nutless wonders, and it proved to be wrong on all levels. Now, as they lay even more people off, they must pay for their actions.