Questions Raised Over Chair of Anti-Obama PAC

A new report is out this week with the news that a Montana Republican who started an anti-Obama military-themed PAC is under fire for leaving the SEALs after questions about “improprieties” surrounding his Defense Department travel claims.

Ryan Zinke, a former state legislator, had run as the Lt. Gov candidate under international prostitute guide-book author Neil Livingstone, who became somewhat of an internet joke.  The team was unsuccessful in securing the GOP nomination.

According to this article, former military officials say that:

Zinke left the Navy SEALs acrimoniously after being accused of improprieties surrounding his travel reports in the late ‘90s.

“There were ethics issues around his travel,” a former Navy SEAL and senior Defense Department official told BuzzFeed. “He was using government travel to visit his home in Montana. He got caught. That’s why he left the SEALs.”

Zinke did not contest the allegation, but suggested that the travel dispute is hardly major a blot on his service record.

In response, Mr. Zinke said:

“I was younger,” he says, referring to his time on SEAL Team Six. “It was a wild team. We trained hard, we ran hard, we were hard.”

Not sure what to make of Zinke’s comment that “we were hard,” so lets move on to the rest of his response.

Mr. Zinke says his travel to Montana was official business because he was trying to make Montana a training site for SEAL Team Six.   To be sure, the article asserts that “By all public accounts, Zinke, a 23-year SEAL veteran, had a distinguished career.”

What there doesn’t  seem to be a public account of is Mr. Zinke’s work to bring SEAL training to Montana.  Not online,  not during his time in the state legislature, and not during his campaign for Lt. Governor was the suggestion featured.   Nor does their appear to be any reference to the plan in any of the gazillion media interviews Mr. Zinke gave after it was revealed that President Obama had used SEAL Team Six to kill Osama bid Laden.

Well, perhaps that is why that effort never really panned out.  It’s looking like this PAC will go the same route.

20 Comments on "Questions Raised Over Chair of Anti-Obama PAC"

1. Quote “Zinke did not contest the allegation” that he had left the SEALs after the ethical issues surfaced with his billings the defense dept. for his trips home to Montana. Huh.

2. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | August 7, 2012 8:27 AM at 8:27 AM |

NOT THE BARKING SEAL TEAM!! Well I AM disappointed now! Give Zinke another hated gubmint CREDIT card! He needs it! You see, in ORDER to belong to the order of Haters of Gubmint, or HOG for short, one must FIRST spend LOTS of time (ie. 23 years) SUCKIN’ at the hated gubmint sugartit! THEN, one has great insight in to how NOT to waste gubmint money! Makes sense, right? Well, it does to the Barking Seal Team members of the anti-Obama crowd!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | August 7, 2012 8:36 AM at 8:36 AM |

Barking Seal Team Motto:

We trained hard
      We ran hard
      We SUCKED hard….offn’ Unca Sugartit! Wanna feel our muscles? Here, feel my lips! No new taxes….exCEPT for the Barkin Seal Team! The special ed of special forces!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | August 7, 2012 8:48 AM at 8:48 AM |

FEEL……MY…..LIPS! No new taxes!

Commander Zero, Barking Seal Team

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Too funny. Maybe he can get a job with Livinscam’s “own private CIA”! Or start another Blackwater, like eric prince! The country can always USE another private army, right?

• Seals Six versus Environmental Rangers?
          I’d like to watch that.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | August 7, 2012 2:57 PM at 2:57 PM |

You know what I’d really like to see? The Barking Seal Team leader DEBATE Jesse Ventura! Now THAT would be a match of the century!

But you see, after watching Zinke in action, I’m thinking that the guy played football a wee bit too much without a HELMET if ya know what I mean! He’s kinda Gerald Fordish in his opinions.

But Jesse Ventura has BEGGED to debate the rightwing morons out there like little Bill O’Liely, and billy runs and hides every time. Why? Why is that?

I do NOT think that zinke in any way is representative of all SEALS.

• We know which would win at bilking the taxpayers with fudged travel logs, otherwise known as corruption.

• Point of clarification. The SEALs are great and deserve our thanks for their service, it’s Zinke at whom your critique is aimed right?

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | August 8, 2012 11:02 PM at 11:02 PM |

Correct.

• Larry has been calling Zinke the trained SEAL for months. It’s a classic nickname in my book!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | August 9, 2012 7:53 AM at 7:53 AM |

And lest we forget, when guns are outlawed, ONLY the trained seals in Blackwater will have guns! Or Toilet Water as I like to call them. Just look at New Orleans after Katrina. Private armies are south american shit, NOT American shit at all!

Many weak-minded dudes succumb to all that military indoctrination bullshit, and that becomes the focal point of their pathetic little lives. The entire REST of their lives ARE spent REliving on their time in the military. They are NOT true warriors! Warriors do what they have to do, and then get ON with their lives!

You see, Dan, I was raised among the greatest generation. Many of these guys were TRUE war heroes, but they you would have never known it. They became our teachers, our coaches, our postal workers, etc. They put all that behind them and became whole men again! The guys reliving their glory days in the military remind me of the fat dudes at the bar reliving their high school sports days!

Sorry, but I refuse to believe that we are Sparta. We are ATHENS!

• Thank you for your service Sir, and for your comments about BlackWater. Reading that they got away with it was the downer of the week.

3. He right was lookig for someone to combat one of Obamas most popular accomplishments, killing Osama. Unfortunately in their haste they neglected to properly vet the guy. This man wasn’t ready for state level politics, little alone national.

4. Comment above should have read, “the right was looking…”

5. I have to say I agree most of the time with my medical marijuana smoking radical leftist friends, but this is completely absurd! Mr. Zinke is over 50 years old and left accordingly. And hey Bozemanite…what national office are you referring to? Zinke never even ran for a national office…where do you get your medical marijuana at cause I want what you are smoking! And yes, I am in chronic pain from breaking my arm at age 4!

Lastly, for the most current theater listing of Obama 2016 visit: http://2016themovie.com/theaters/

It is a great movie to get your 420 on and watch! It’s is actually very very informative and recreates Obama’s autobiography “Dreams from My Father” flawlessly! Have a grateful day my brothers and sisters!

Peace, Love, Equality, Beads, Body Oder, Bums, >16oz. Big Gulps, End Breast Feeding, Promote Abortions, and above all Medical Marijuana,

Marie Arouet

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | August 7, 2012 10:27 AM at 10:27 AM |

Wow. I hope that’s satire! If not, please state your hightest grade level achieved! That might explain a lot. BTW, it’s USUALLY spelled “odor”, oder.

6. Has to be Satire, and may I say this person nailed it–this is the quintessential teabaggers response– too funny.

7. Look on the bright side. This douchebag says he’s done with politics forever now, so at least that’s a relief. I look for the silver lining in these things. There usually is one.