It seems the black helicopters are really circling around RGA headquarters this year.
They must be especially thick around the tin-foil bedecked head of whichever GOP strategist decided it would be a good idea to have a bunch of skyscrapers in an ad that’s supposed to portray Montana.
As you can see from this screenshot:
Neither is the anti-jobs conspiracy this corporate-funded ad claims is afoot.
No, the facts show otherwise. They show that Montana’s economy is strong and growing and that our business tax climate is among the best in the country.
- In fact, Montana has one of the fastest growing economies (ranked 8th) in America over the last 3 years.
- Our state’s economy grew 65% over the last 10 years in terms of gross state product increase.
- We also scored 2nd best in economic performance according to the 2010 ALEC-Laffer State Economic Competitiveness Index
- Montana also has the one of lowest unemployment rate in the nation (6.1% which is 2% below the National average – 8.1% federally)
Montana is ranked consistently in the top ten states with the best tax climates according to the Tax Foundation:
- Montana ranks 8th best on list of tax-friendly states (state business tax climate rankings)
- We’re ranked 3rd best in sales taxes for business
- And, Montana is the 8th best in property tax index