Meeting of the Minds

In a little over a month, legislators from across Montana will descend on Helena to make the laws you must live by.  Let’s meet them.

1-Rep. David Howard (R-TEA Park City), Chair of the House Human Services Committee. Rep. Howard is on the record saying he believes a Civil War is imminent

2-A FRONTLINE documentary reported that documents found in a meth house indicate potentially illegal collusion between a secretive right-wing group and Republican candidates. Files on Dan Kennedy, Wendy Warburton, Mike Miller, Ed Butcher, Bob Wagner, Joel Boniek, Jerry O’Neil and Derek Skees were found so far.

3-Rep. Roger Webb (R-Billings). This recently elected GOP-er was convicted of shooting his neighbors dogs to death. It was reported in MT’s largest newspaper.

4-We now have a legislator with ties to the militia movement. Yes, Sen. Jennifer Fielder (R-TEA Sanders County) was elected and will serve on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

5-Then there is the GOP legislator who when called by the press about a former UM student who accused him of sexual assault, handed the phone to his mom. Rep. Nicolas Schwaderer  (R-Missoula Mineral) denies the allegations.  He has also threatened a defamation suit against anybody making “slanderous statements” against him. It is not known at this time whether mom will be coming to Helena with Rep. Schwaderer.

6-Rep. Jerry O’Neil (R-TEA Columbia Falls) demanded to be paid for his legislative acts in gold and silver. O’Neil has been ridiculed for his request in the national press.  But recall that last session, half of the House of Representatives voted for Wagner’s bill to require the state of Montana to conduct all business in gold and silver. This includes current GOP Speaker of the House Mark Blasdel and Republican House Majority Leader Gordon Vance and many, many others who are back this session.

7-And let’s not forget Rep. Wendy Warburton and Rep. Kris Hansen (both of Havre) who co-hosted an event with former Gov. Judy Martz to tell Montanans that the War on Women is made up.   Warburton has an explanation for the lack of GOP women candidates. She said a couple of years back, that “the biggest reason that more women who are Republicans don’t get into politics is because we are the pro-family party.” Yes ladies, GOP women are home raising kids like the women of the pro-family party should be.

8-After I first blogged it here, the Chair of the MT House Judiciary Committee TEA Party Republican Krayton Kerns (R-TEA Laurel) was featured in a popular Huffington Post story for his blog post claiming that moving some bison will “topple the Republic” and lead to $25/gallon gas prices.  This month, Kerns’ concern is the “imminent collapse of society.

9-The newest member of the MT House Education committee will be an interesting addition.  Republican Rep. Sarah Laszloffy, age 19, is an alum of the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry, where students of all ages come to learn how to live  ”a supernatural lifestyle.” (And you thought Republicans opposed alternative lifestyles.  Not true!)

According to the school’s website, Rep. Laszloffy and her fellow students learned how to “live the Bible,” —including useful skills such as “how to cast out demons” and other practical solutions to life’s most pressing problems. Bethel’s members also  purport to have the ability to heal people through prayer and bring the dead back to life.

Perhaps the ability to bring people back from the dead will be useful.  Former legislator turned Public Service Commissioner Roger Koopman threatened that if his fellow GOP legislators didn’t stop criticizing him, “Republican blood will flow in the streets.”

10-The outgoing GOP House Majority Leader, Tom McGillvray (R-TEA Billings). McGillvary tweeted (from his official Twitter account) that President Obama must release his college records so as to prove that he was not a “foreign exchange student” while he studied at Columbia and Harvard. McGillvray is termed out and his term will end this month.

65 Comments on "Meeting of the Minds"

1. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 7, 2012 9:37 AM at 9:37 AM |

THANK YOU, JESUS! Oh………GOD! I hit the trifecta! I can’t WAIT for it to start! My FIRST bill that I want them to introduce is a name change which better reflects out current climate. I want to change our name to Arizona del Norte!

HEY, we’re ALL Arizonians now! Dumber than dog shit AND jan brewer! Elect’em if ya got’em, and buddy let me tell ya, WE GOT’EM! Some SERIOUS inbred reetard teatards! And I luv’em! I mean, what’s not to luv, right?! I mean, if the collapse of society is immiment, why not start with the legislature?!

I’m sorry, but I’m simply havin’ too much fun! I really shouldn’t laff, for these are serious people! (tee hee) No really, they are! I mean it. They are SERIOUSLY f*cked up in the head!

Now, here’s my first challenge to Mooreon and Skinflute, our resident apoloigists for all things nazi. Boys, THESE are your inreds! Now, DEFEND’EM!

And thanks again, Jesus! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! This is Christmas early! And thanks to Cowgirl for a nice, precise summary of the crazy!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 7, 2012 10:05 AM at 10:05 AM |

Wait! I think I we can come up with a better name change than Arizona del Norte. For you see, the word Arizona literally MEANS “arid zone”. It was kind of a warning by the Spaniards that IF you should travel in that area, be forewarned that there is very little water!

Thus, I propose for Montana a name change to Muertezona, or DEAD zone, as in BRAIN dead zone! And those venturing there be prepared because all the Teatard Pubbies are brain dead! MUCH better name change!

2. Kralj, when it comes to your “inreds” I don’t think there is anyone more in or red than you.

As to what Montana might do, look to Michigan:

Lansing — The birthplace of the nation’s modern-day labor movement moved closer to becoming the nation’s 24th right-to-work state after bills Gov. Rick Snyder vowed to sign into law passed their first hurdles in the Republican-controlled Legislature on Thursday.

The House and Senate each passed bills on the same day they were introduced that give private and public sector workers the right to avoid paying union dues in an organized workplace.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 7, 2012 10:14 AM at 10:14 AM |

One question. Maybe you or former Lt. guv candidate Sonju would like to take a stab at it. Since all the inbreds and Sonju too are gearing up for civil war, please answer: Just WHOM are you gonna shoot?

For you see, I have yet to have any inbred respond! I mean, Sonju is producing high tech weapons for the inbreds, did he EVER stop to ask these reetards just WHOM are they gonna shoot? Or is Sonju and co. simply dense?

BTW, if Sonju can produce a nice weapon for me that will shoot down a surveillance drone, I’LL BUY IT! For you see, I wanna go down inhistory as the first dude to nail a drone! Hell, I’ll even turn myself IN wearing a Sonju industries shirt!

• Kralj, when it comes to shooting people over politics and ideology, you should ask your friend Rod Kailey, since he’s the one who brags about his ability to shoot Skinner at 800 yards.

Then there is you who is a “concealed carry” fanatic who has bragged about his daily downing of multiple beers on the drive home from work. Just who are you afraid of that tempts you to go to such extreme measures to drink your liquid courage, drive, and and thumb your safety?

3. Although a little bit of Nicholas Schwaderer’s HD 14 is in Missoula County (and a little bit in Sanders County), it encompasses all of Mineral County. Please refer to Mr. Schwaderer as (R-Mineral). We already have one very large blemish on the Missoula County legislative delegation: Champ Edmunds.

4. Don’t forget Clayton Fiscus, who wants to force Montana schools to shun science in favor of the so- called “intelligent design” aka creationism.

5. And check out the collection of wingnuts the Ravalli County Commissioners have selected to replace Senator Bob Lake:

“Boulanger said he wants to get God back in schools and people’s lives..[snip] Poe lists his most important life achievement as the day he dedicated his life to Jesus Christ at the age of 6…[snip] ‘With the re-election of Pres. Obama, it is critical that we have strong Republican legislators in Helena,’ Carlson wrote. ‘We also need state senators who can override the vetoes of the governor.'”

6. Rebecca, I didn’t see where you were blessed with the right to judge what someones most important life achievement was? If Poe’s most important life achievement was the day he dedicated his lift to Christ… awesome. I don’t think that makes him a wingnut. Just someone who has determined a turning point in his life. Where many folks are floundering for the meaning of life and it’s purpose, at least Poe has determined what it is for him. Does it harm you personally, or just provide an avenue of criticism? Or maybe you just know something we don’t, and as a perfectly accepting Demo of all colors and creeds (with the exception of those to don’t agree with your views) you have determined Poe “a wingnut”. It seems to me you have joined the ranks of the hippycrites. Merry Christmas

• Actually, Travis, before settling on the nicest description–wingnuts–I deleted a few other choice words. Screwballs, weirdos, and nutters, consider these my Christmas gift of extra butthurt to you.

7. Larry, you twitchy tourettian twerp, do you think anyone besides Sniper Rod is going to just lay it out in public who goes first? Guess my inbreeding isn’t as far along as yours, eh?
    And I’m sorry to say you aren’t the first, and won’t be. Some good old boys in Illinois blew an environmentalist drone out of the sky over private property where they were having dove season. The activist nitwits wanted their toy back, but darn, it was trespassing — I guess it’s mounted in the klubhowse now.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 7, 2012 7:36 PM at 7:36 PM |

Ah, isn’t that cute. Skinflute discovers alliteration! What’s next, stichomytia?

An alliterative illiterate! How novel!

Skinflute, I’m sensing that you don’t like me. That’s hurts my feelings……

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 7, 2012 7:37 PM at 7:37 PM |

What’s next for you, little fella, stichomythia?

bwhaahahahahahahahahaaaa! Too funny!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 7, 2012 8:17 PM at 8:17 PM |

Or maybe, even some sigMATism?!

I really shouldn’t do that. It’s not NICE to make fun of inbred Teatardians, for they are very serious peeple!……….BUT IS SURE IS FUN!

8. & it looks like there will be some GOP opposition to facey’s bill to remove the law MAKING IT A CRIME to be gay in Montana. I wonder if they’ll go for “recruitment madness” in committee again?

9. overwrought this, hun:

……..(‘(…´…´…. ¯~/’…’)
    ……….”…\………. _.·´

• Given where your comment appears, you are either giving Cowgirl or Kralj the finger. Perhaps you should go to Seattle where the dopers are having a celebratory party around the Space Needle and make peace not war.

10. Rebecca, thanks for the Christmas wishes. And this blog jabber that I stumbled on today would never cause butthurt. Just a chuckle, I have a job, work ethic, and a life. Hope things get better for you. Montana is beautiful. You live in an awesome state.

• A job, a work ethic, and a life! Amazing! Now tell me, Travis, can you also dress yourself and sometimes keep your mouth closed while breathing, too?

11. Bake a man a pie and he’ll learn to divide by seven. Teach a man piety and he’ll crucify the apples and say they died for our sins.

12. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 8, 2012 6:56 AM at 6:56 AM |

WE’RE SAFE! I heard tim fox, AG elect, say that one of his MAIN goals is going to be protecting “Montana’s sovereignty”! Oh thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!, tim! You simply can’t IMAGINE how much time I’ve spent worrying about our sovereignty! No, seriously, I mean it!

Oh sure, some of them commie, lefties might call you an imbecilic wackjob, but not me! No siree bob! For you see, I can SEE N. Dakota from my house, and I doan TRUST them Nodaks! Never have! They’re sneaky! They sneak across the border and SHOP in our stores! Use our medical facilities! And attend our colleges!

It’s time, time to proTECT our sovereignty! We need proteccion! ProphyLACTIC protection! Like a giant CONDOM! Yes, that’s how I think of you, tim, as a giant condom keeping OUT all that undesireable stuff! You got us covered, dude! And for that, we THANK YOU, AG general giant condom dude! You’re like one of them warriors in the movie 300! A real TROJAN of a man! I salute you!!!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 8, 2012 7:03 AM at 7:03 AM |

p.s. And tim, in an effort to HELP protect us, I have an idea. I know that you’re from Hardin. SO, I was thinkin’ that MAYBE you could BEGIN protecting us by giving BACK all them farm subsidies you welfare farmers recieve! Right? What better way to stick it to the Feds?! GIVE’EM HELL, TIMMY, and your welfare checks! THAT otter teach’em a lesson!

It’s gonna be FUN!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 8, 2012 2:58 PM at 2:58 PM |

Tim, here is aNOTHER Trojan of man like you! A giant CONDOM of a man protecting our sovereignty!

Oh sure, SOME on the left speculate that now that tim is out on his own, he will embarrass the HELL outta himself! (and Monanta) For you see, it’s kinda easy living in the shadow of judy mars and mark ratco, who previously supplied ALL of tim’s talking points, and pulled his string for him when it came his turn to speak, kinda like a chattey timmy doll.

But now, tim’s on his own! And things very well COULD go seriously wrong if he tries to think! That is NOT what he was trained to do! So, hopefully, tim has stored up LOTS of talkings points to address any situation that might come up! It’s his ONLY chance! He canNOT be allowed to wing it! For Confucious say, wingnut who try to wing it shoot SELF in wingding!

That Confucious knew a WHOLE lot ’bout Montana politics!

13. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 8, 2012 8:44 AM at 8:44 AM |

Hell, I didn’t need no anthropologist to tell me this! I’ve known this for a loong time! Hell, Teatardians are LIVING PROOF of this!

14. Another post which should have been the cause of some informative comments for all in the community but which, once again, has been effectively ruined by a bunch of children who have nothing better to do than air their infantile and off topic opinions in public.
    Cowgirl, please consider spending some time moderating your blog. It is just getting to be too difficult to sift through the crap in here in a vain attempt to find any oxygen left in the room.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 8, 2012 2:12 PM at 2:12 PM |

NERD ALERT! Hey, whiner, why don’t you take your pocket protector over to the NUTJOB sites?! They LUV them some whiners! Just a thought.

• rls4568, I mean no offense, but exactly what kind of “informative comments” did you expect to find here? The post is a list of stupid people foisting stupid ideas, people that were reelected and put in charge of the Montana legislature for 2013. Larry posted a very humorous comment in the very theme of the post. Craig Moore changed the subject with a crap reply insulting Larry (COMMUNIST!) and linking about Michigan’s crappy legislature and worse governor and then it was off to the races on “off topic opinions in public”. Rather than just pissing your disdain any which way, you might want to point out where your problems lay before demanding others to do something about your ‘feels’.

15. Rob?, Larry?, Buehler?, anyone?
    I don’t believe that I mentioned any names or that I made any demands and as for pointing my disdain in any particular direction, well…”if the foo shits, wear it”!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | December 9, 2012 9:56 AM at 9:56 AM |

Um, it’s called free speech. DON’T FEAR IT!
      That’s you first mistake! It matters NOT what others say, but what YOU say!

Don’t whine, plead, complain or dissemble. Simply speak your TRVTH and to HELL with everyone else! Let the chips fall where they may. For if the poo is writ, BEAR IT! It won’t kill ya!

16. Average Fox ‘News’ end user is 65: source…and dying.