Dick Leaves Party

Ted Dick left his post Tuesday as director of the Montana Democratic Party. He either resigned or was fired, depending on who’s telling the story. Jim Elliott, the MDP chair, sent a note around saying that Dick had chosen to depart after several years of good service. Later in the day, board member Jim Larson sent an e-mail disputing Elliott’s account.

Either way, Dick deserves some credit for presiding over turbulent times, including big wins for Jon Tester and Steve Bullock in 2012 with also some tough losses in other races. In the 2004 election he helped pull the Montana House to a 50-50 draw, something we might not see again for a while.

The good comes with the bad. Timing is everything in politics. We wish Ted well.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditShare

53 Comments on "Dick Leaves Party"

1. What’s the reason being given for the departure?

2. I, for one, will be directing my meager monthly contributions somewhere else.

3. So, I guess Ted Dick isn’t Cowgirl, either.

4. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | January 16, 2013 6:04 AM at 6:04 AM |

Wow! Tubby and Baldy play rough! The new face of the ReePube/nazi party, Assman and Fart Fetish!

These dudes have issues! Probably as a result of being a fatass and a chrome dome! Thas gotta hurt! HEY, no need to take it out on your party, dudes! Lose some weight! Get a hair transplant! You’ll feel better about yourself!

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | January 16, 2013 7:33 PM at 7:33 PM |

Wait, what?! Oh my god. I’m sorry. I’ve just been informed that Fart Fetish is NOT bald, but only lacks hair from repeatedly and incessantly sticking his HEAD up his ass! He WORE it off!

My apologies to Mr. Fart Fetish. How could I have known??? Well, actually, after reading the article, how could I have NOT known???

5. Here’s what we learn from these leaked emails, some of which Adams didn’t report.

1-Essmann and the right wingers love Judy Martz and pine for her policies.

2-Priest bought the legislative races.

3-Lewis is no moderate. Anyone with any doubts on that points should just go home.

4-The GOP has “kill committees” to send bills they want to pass or die. These are: Finance and Claims, Public Health, Tax, Education, and State Admin.

4-They plan to use referenda again to force ridiculous garbage down our throats and to change the face of the supreme court so that their unconstitutional bills will be upheld.

• The hardliners refer to Dee Brown as “Zinke’s Rat”.

• Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | January 16, 2013 7:41 AM at 7:41 AM |

Well, I refer to keith reiger as Hoo Ha Man! For you see, he sees the world through a hoo ha! His entire world view consists of viewing the world through a lady’s hoo ha!

HEY, I like hoo ha as much as the next dude, but ferchrissakes, Hoo Ha Man, there’s MORE to life than hoo ha!

Come up for AIR once in a while, Hoo Ha Man, and give it a rest! Stop with all the nonsensical abortion bills! We get it. You don’t like legal abortion. Tuff noogies!

Geez. You must be competing with Assman and Fart Fetish for the biggest dumbass of the session award again!

• Note that these are the Committees with the weakest demos in the senate, aka Windy Boy, Caferro, and Wanzenried.

6. Rest assured someone will be dropping the competing MDP emails in John Adams lap so he can “report” this whole story.

7. Moderates in the Senate (aka the sane and rational caucus)

Alan Olsen
    Bob Lake
    Bruce Tutvedt
    Taylor Brown
    Jim Peterson
    Chas Vincent
    Llew Jones

• Oops, meant to post my comment about the hardliners referring to Dee Brown and “zinke’s rat” here. Cowgirl you may delete my other comment.

8. Employers are prevented from revealing the reasons behind personnel decisions by privacy laws.

9. What do these emails reveal, really–anyone who didn’t already know that Essmann is a idiot and that the GOP leadership has no real intention of working with Bullock is an imbecile or very naive.

10. Never understood why T-Dick left SEIU for the Dem Party. He was a union playboy, throwing other people’s money around like the big fat clown throws candy to the kids at the parade. Now he’s just a has been wannabe never was.

11. The question we should be asking is what did. E find out that somebody wants to bury–somebody up for election in 2014-somebody with the initials MB

12. Col. Sanders obviously has been waiting and or planning for the day he could use so-called “evidence” against the chairman. And the fella sure has some insider info. Wonder what other individuals the Col. has made book on. Pots should not talk about the condition of kettles, especially when young ones in Billings and Helena titter about a certain swapping circle.

13. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | January 16, 2013 6:39 PM at 6:39 PM |

Jumpin’ CEEment JAYsus! I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would find myself ever agreeing with Sen. Jim Peterson, but I do. He’s a good man, and Assman and Fart Fetish are complete MORONS!
    Go for it, Jim. Do what’s right for the state, and tell them two cheese dicks to take a hike!

14. I think its important to remember that there are lots of possible reasons people are asked to leave a job – and that businesses are prohibited from making those reasons public. We don’t know what Dick may have done, if he did anything. We won’t ever know. But we can’t just assume that the democrats have done wrong by changing directors.

15. Lots of closets to clean in the Democrat camp. Caferro gets eighty-sixed from several bars in Helena, and her (now dead) dog bit mailmen, a charge she vigorusly denied.

Whose next?

16. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | January 16, 2013 7:58 PM at 7:58 PM |
  17. Decisions like this are made not by Jim Elliott but by the entire Executive Board of the Montana Democratic Party. That many people aren’t going to do something like this for no reason. That’s my two cents.

18. I must say that I haven’t ever seen much in the way of “personal character attacks” on this blog except for what Kralj writes about other commenters, and the occasional nasty comment like the one that was left here yesterday regarding members of the Democratic party hierarchy. Kralj should be banned from this blog, and should have been a long time ago. Larry’s invective against other commenters, who make points or arguments about public issues are then attacked personally for having made them, is unacceptable. He needs to go, Cowgirl, or he needs to radically shape up his act in a hurry. Perhaps a one week banishment, and probation after that, would teach him a lesson. I’m sure Kralj has other things in his life to which he could devote his attention for a week.

19. I was at this event last June. http://www.winefestdesmoines.com/events/additional-events.aspx Many Malbecs were featured.

20. Pete, I applaud your call for people to use their real names when they assassinate someone’s character. I look to see you repeat your request for blog owners and anonymous writers at such blogs do the same when they also strike from behind the bush. So far, I can’t find such requests here or at B-birds.

21. Most responsible bloggers I know use their real names if they possibly can. There are folks, however, who post anonymously because they have to (job security, positions on boards or in government, family situations, status in the community, etc.) — others write anonymously because they are cowards. The Col. Sanders’ comment, which borders on libelous, comes from the latter, I’m guessing.

22. Just pointing to unintended consequence, but at LitW, such a policy was met with a vast increase in personal attack against those who did use their ‘real’ names. So what exactly is your motivation for such, Craig?

23. Pete, I respect that you have always stood behind your name. Not so for others who blog or comment when they attack the character of others. IMHO, you and James are one of the honorable good guys that uphold that standard. The only thing I ask that you hold everyone to that same standard.

24. you sanctimonious ass.

25. As Monty Python might have said, “No chance, English bed-wetting types. I burst my pimples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing, you tiny-brained wipers of other people’s bottoms!”

26. Go skiing, Craig.

27. I am. The snow at Big Mountain is fantastic this year.

28. fuck up montana and god will kick yer ass, moore.

29. Kurtz, God has much reason to be upset with me, but skiing at Big Mountain is not one of them. He promises forgiveness ever for the likes of you. Just ask.

30. Dominus vobiscum.

31. How was skiing today, Craig? One gets the sense that you’re just not getting enough sex.

32. http://skiwhitefish.com/webcams.php

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Skiing with that Mini-14® slung over your shoulder must suck though, huh?

34. I’m old school. I prefer a bota bag of rosé wine. I’ve adapted a strap around my waist to keep it from flopping around during skiing.

35. Perhaps a Malbec would more suit your palate as you chug your bile.

36. I was at this event last June. http://www.winefestdesmoines.com/events/additional-events.aspx Many Malbecs were featured.

37. So, which sidearm do you wear après–ski, Craig? Alcohol-free, of course?

38. I have a left arm and a right arm that terminate in fists. That’s it.

39. Larry Kralj, Environmental Rangers | January 17, 2013 6:34 PM at 6:34 PM |

“If ya see me comin’ better step aside,
    Many men didn’t and many men died.
    I’ve got one fist of iron and the other of steel…
    If the right don’t get ya then the left one will”!

40. Well said. Perhaps we can let the past stay there and still enjoy a union brew together when I get to GF again. I’ll buy!