I welcome and appreciate your comments here at the Cowgirl Blog.
However, in order to maintain this site as a place where everyone feels welcome to comment, I reserve the right to take down any comment that includes an attack on another commenter. It’s annoying, it discourages others from commenting, and it drowns out more substantive comments.
I may decide to delete any comment that contains:
- Personal attacks or abusive, hateful, comments aimed at other commenters, even if the comment contains other substantive material
- Slander, libel, or offensive, or racist language or material
- Identical, repetitive comments posted on multiple articles
- Excessively long comments or an excessive number of comments on a given post
- Comments complaining about being deleted for attacking another commenter by screaming “Censorship!” and spreading conspiracy theories about mass “censorship”
- Comments from anyone found using multiple aliases under multiple e-mail addresses from the same person in a deceptive manner, or impersonating someone else.
Any commenter who ignores these policies repeatedly may be banned permanently and without notice. If this doesn’t work, I’ll require account logins with working email addresses.
Moving forward, if you see an abusive comment that isn’t deleted, it just means I haven’t seen it yet. You email me at the tip line: email@example.com and I’ll get to it when I can.
I do not pre-moderate comments. The auto spam filter for this site, Akismet, sometimes confuses legitimate comments for spam for things like a high number of links or high number of posts within a given time period, etc. I don’t have time to manually scan the spam folder, so if your comment doesn’t immediately appear, just email me and I’ll free it as soon as I’m able.
And while I’m at it, I can’t thank everyone who sends tips to the blog enough, your tips make the blog a success – thank you! And thanks everyone for abiding by this policy.